INXO ARTS FUND
A Funding Project For Arts & Cultural Creation
The Malaysian culture and arts scene comprises artist groups of diverse interests and focuses; each with their own set of ideals and struggles. The path is lined with myriad obstacles and deterrents, erecting a psychological wall of barrier to any would-be aspirants and a monumental challenge to national development of cultures and arts.
INXO aims to become Malaysia’s premier culture and arts development platform, thus INXO Arts Fund – A Funding Project for Cultural & Arts Creation aspires to be the launch pad to accelerate broader artistic participation among new, young artistic talents in the region and to elevate artistic practice and production standards for advanced professional development. INXO Arts Fund serves as an enabler and multiplier of cultural and arts development for the young generation and provides in addition to funding, conceptual and technical guidance, support and resources.
We look forward to your joining hands with us to discover and unleash the torrents of cultural and artistic uniqueness and diversity with which our country is so richly endowed. Let Malaysia arts flourish and blossom.
Joyce Tang Siam Cheng,
Producer, INXO Arts Fund
Executive Director, INXO Foundation
|Fostering Aspirations, Cultivating Creations||To foster cultural & arts talents and support realization of arts aspirations among the young.|
|Inculcation Capacities, Enhancing Value||To cultivate capacities for creativity and production, and to enhance creative value in the marketplace.|
ELIGIBILITY & APPLICATION
|Eligibility||Malaysian citizens of 18-35 years of age as of the submission year.|
|Proposal Particular||All proposal are required to depict cultural or arts themes. No restriction on form or style except handicrafts, which must take the form of a physical object.|
|Application & Submission||1) Download a copy of Application Form HERE.
2) Submit your Application Form and Proposal before date of closing which will be announced later.
3) Call 016-673 5938 to enquire upon failure to receive acknowledgement after 3 days from submission.
FUNDING & RESOURCE
Final Funding Recipient
|Quantity||• Ten (10) Proposal|
|Funding & Resources||• Cash Funding: RM3,000 to RM10,000 each proposal
• Mentoring Resource: Technical guidance, counseling and crowd funding tutorage
JUDGING & SELECTION
|30 Proposals will be preliminarily selected from all qualified entries||• Originality & Creativity
• Cultural & Artistic Value
|30 preliminarily selected Proposals to undergo interview, out of which 10 will be selected as final funding recipients||• Personal Attributes
• Narrative, Contemplation & Enforceability
SCHEDULE (Year 2017)
|On or before 5pm, 12th, May 2017||Application Form & Proposal submission closing date.|
|Second half, May 2017||Announcement of 30 preliminarily selected Proposals and to undergo interview.|
|First half, June 2017||Announcement of 10 final funding and proceed to Production Brief*.|
|Mid-June to Mid-September||Fund release and commencement of mentoring, production & crowd funding*|
|Second half, September 2017||Outcome assessment & presentation*|
|October to November 2017″||Reward to Crowd funding supporters|
1. Only selected Proposals in preliminary and final funding recipients will be published in Inxo website as well as being notified via emails.
2. *Compulsory participation for the final funding recipients.
3. Refer to Inxo website for updates.
- Applications may be submitted in English, the Malay Language or Chinese. When an application is made in a language other than English, a brief explanatory note in English is preferred.
- All submissions must be original works and are required to depict cultural or arts themes.
- Applicants are allowed to submit multiple entries; however only one proposal shall be eligible and qualified for final funding.
- The decisions of the Judging Committee shall be final.
- The Organizer reserves the rights to cancel, terminate, modify or alter funding arrangement or any aspects of the Project without prior notice.
- The Organizer shall be the only and final authority in respect of all information & details relating to the Project. In the event of doubts, information as contained in the website (http://inxo.org.my) shall be deemed the full and final version.
ANNEXURE for REFERENCE
A. Scope & Definitions
- Traditional Arts
- Modern/Contemporary Arts
- Performing Arts
- Creative Arts/ Crafts
- History & Literary Arts
- Audio-Visual/ Dramatic Arts
B. Mediums & Categories
- Literature & Authorships (Literary Arts & Art History, Pictorials & Drawings, Photography)
- Live Performances (Drama, Performances, Dances)
- Audio-Visual Productions (Lyrics, Musicals, Documentaries, Drama)
- Community/ Environment-centric Cultural & Artistic Projects (Public services, Community Care, Environmental Transformation)
- Others (Within artistic scope as defined by the Organizer)